Moe Moe Kyun~!

Moe Moe Kyun~!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Yuri Vs. Yaoi

Just as the title says! But this isn't about which is better, because everything is based on opinion and the preferences of others. This is about which one I watch and what I think about each.

Shoujo-ai

I've watched a few shoujo-ai series, and I have to say that I like it. I don't obsess over it or anything, I'd watch a good series even if it does or doesn't have some in it. To name a good few: Strawberry Panic, Sasameki Koto, Kanamemo, and Aoi Hana.

Actually, I think those are the only ones I've seen.. I might have seen a few more but I can't remember.
I really think it's cute, I'm straight but I enjoy things like this alot. Any type of romance, actually. I guess I am a hopeless romantic!

I also enjoy series in which all of the main cast are female, but there isn't any romance involved and the characters are most likely straight. Female main characters are awesome (maybe because I am female) and I especially love moe characters.

I suppose what I love most about a yuri series is the intense drama that they put out. Drama is always quite entertaining, as they usually cause me to yell at my screen, saying "NOOO! HOW COULD YOU?!" or something along those lines. Strawberry Panic and Aoi Hana are very dramatic. A happy ending is the best ending, though.

Shounen-ai

Most people think that because I'm a girl that I would be into yaoi. The truth is, I've never seen a yaoi series in my life. I may have watched series where they show a bit of fanservice, but nothing that focuses directly on the relationships between two male characters.

I love Ouran Highschool Host Club! It is one of my favorite series, and I know there are alot of fanfic about the pairings of the twins and Honey-senpai/Mori-senpai. I don't mind them, though. Because I also love Hetalia Axis Powers!

 I just started watching it about a week ago, but I am hooked. After watching it, I feel as if there really should be a bit more fanservice for cute pairings. I adored the romance between Chibitalia and HRE (Holy Roman Empire), it was the cutest thing I had ever seen.
I had to watch this over again, because it is just so cute. I've already said that, haven't I? Well that's because it's true. Never had I thought 2 shotas in love would have me so intrigued. This series has opened my eyes to more things, and maybe I will find more yaoi-based anime to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment